Here's my latest, inspired by Dark Chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I hope you like it!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
1 15oz can of either garbanzo beans or cannellini (white kidney) beans
3/4 cups peanut butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
1. Drain and rinse your beans
2. Place your beans, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and syrup in a food processor fitted with the large blade. Process until smooth and thoroughly blended, scraping once half way through the blending process.
3. Place in a bowl and serve with apple wedges, pretzel sticks, crackers or 'nilla wafers
- If you are starting with dry beans, you want to use 1-3/4 cups cooked beans. Also, the sugars in the bean water adds to a persons' gassiness so that is why you drain and rinse your beans.
- If you are starting with unsalted, natural peanut butter, you will want to add 1 tsp of salt to your hummus.
I'm participating in Get Your Chef on and this round's ingredient is Peanut Butter. I've linked up this recipe. Click on co-hosts Julie of White Lights on Wednesday Thai Pizza with Peanut Butter Sauceand Jen of Four Marrs One Venus' Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Pumpkins' to see their amazing recipes along with other AWESOME peanut butter creations! You'll be glad you did!